Skip to content
MarketsIndicesCommoditiesFXRates
Entertainment

Michelle Soifer Backs UNICEF Drive and Combate TV Return

Peruvian TV host Michelle Soifer has backed a 1.3 million UNICEF campaign with Latina Televisión and welcomed the return of reality show Combate.

Michelle Soifer Backs UNICEF Drive and Combate TV Return

Peruvian television personality Michelle Soifer has voiced her excitement over the announced return of youth reality television show Combate to ATV screens.

Speaking at a press conference on Thursday, August 20, Soifer also confirmed her involvement in Su Futuro Es Hoy, a joint fundraising drive between broadcaster Latina Televisión and UNICEF aimed at raising 1.3 million to support health and protection programs for vulnerable children in Peru.

Soifer explained that joining Latina Televisión to host the morning show Arriba Mi Gente helped her achieve professional growth and emotional balance. She expressed gratitude for the opportunity to work on the program and stated that she hopes to remain with the channel for many years.

Las figuras de Latina apoyan la campaña 'Su futuro es hoy', en colaboración con UNICEF, la cual busca recaudar 1.3 millones para mejorar la salud de la infancia vulnerable en el país.

During the Thursday press conference, Soifer said she felt happy to contribute to the charity initiative alongside her television colleagues. She added that she considers herself an important part of communicating the campaign to the public.

Latina Televisión is a major commercial television network in Peru, while UNICEF, the United Nations Children's Fund, works internationally to support child welfare. Soifer, a prominent singer and media figure, built her career as a star contestant on competitive reality programs before transitioning into morning television hosting.

Return of Combate reality show

Michelle Soifer opinó que sería ideal que los presentadores de 'Combate: nueva generación' tengan una conexión más auténtica con el programa. Foto: Sandy Carrión/La República/Instagram

Regarding the comeback of Combate, Soifer admitted she was surprised and emotional when she learned that the popular reality series was returning. Network ATV has not yet confirmed the premiere date, the contestant roster, or the hosts for the new season, titled Combate: Nueva Generación.

Soifer reflected on her past as a reality performer, describing the show as her home for 15 years. She said it was important to leave a legacy after giving everything to the genre and expressed excitement at passing the torch to a new generation.

Speculation over TV presenters

Addressing rumors that María Pía Copello might host the new season of Combate, Soifer said she did not dislike the idea and believed Copello would do an incredible job. However, Soifer noted that Copello was not previously a contestant and suggested that the ideal presenter should possess a tighter bond with the essence of the program.

Soifer added that it would be a major success if former hosts Gian Piero Díaz and Renzo Schuller returned to present Combate together despite their personal differences. She stated that both presenters still hold fond feelings for the show in their hearts, noting that anything can happen on television and declaring herself a dedicated fan of the series.

Related

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *