Meghan Markle is in advanced discussions to join the Netflix series The Gentlemen as she prepares to return to acting and move back to Britain.
The former Suits star is in negotiations for a role in the show created by filmmaker Guy Ritchie, according to a report by The Hollywood Reporter. The drama series is filmed on location in the United Kingdom.
Discussions for new season
The role is currently being written for the third season of the program, which has not yet been officially announced by the streaming platform. It is not yet known how many episodes Markle will appear in, while the second season of The Gentlemen is scheduled to premiere on September 3.
Reports state that Markle was introduced to Ritchie through mutual acquaintances. The news of her potential return to television comes two days after details emerged regarding the couple planning a permanent move back to Great Britain.

Relocation to the United Kingdom
Prince Harry and Markle are expected to settle in a private residence located outside London. Their children, Prince Archie and Princess Lilibet, have already been enrolled in a school in Britain, and the couple will not take on official duties as active working members of the royal family.
Journalist Bronte Coy told the Today program on BBC Radio 4 that the acting offer was a major factor in the decision of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex to return to the UK. Coy said that the role was an important piece of the puzzle, noting that after news of the family move and school enrollment broke, many people wondered what Markle would be doing next.
Coy added that sources informed her the television role is significant and that Markle is very excited about the project. The news outlet The Hollywood Reporter also shared on social media platform X on August 21, 2026, that Markle was in advanced talks for the UK-based show.
Background and previous career
Markle previously worked as a professional actress before her marriage to Prince Harry. She played a leading role in the legal drama series Suits for seven seasons before stepping away from the screen in 2017 around the time of her engagement to the prince.
Following their wedding in 2018, the couple stepped back from their official royal roles and relocated to California in 2020. The couple is expected to maintain their home in California alongside an additional property in Portugal.
